- Eligible Technologies: Furnaces, Boilers
- Eligible System size: Must provide at least 75% of the home heating load needs
- Equipment requirements: System must be new, with minimum efficiency rating of 80%. System must be bulk-fuel fed and meet specified air-quality standards.
- Installation Requirements: system must be installed at applicant’s primary residence by authorized installer.
- Offers rebates of 40% of the installed cost of qualifying new residential bulk-fed, wood-pellet central heating boilers or furnaces.
- The maximum rebate amount is $10,000.
- To qualify, systems must (1) become operational on or after May 1, 2012; (2) be at least 80% efficient; (3) meet certain air quality standards; (4) provide at least 75% of a home heating-load needs; and (5) be installed by a qualified installer or a licensed plumber with wood-pellet central boiler system training.
- Additional system requirements are specified in the program application. Modifications to existing systems are not eligible to receive funding under this program..